Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kittens!!!!

Hey everybody!
 I have been trying to come up with a topic for a post for awhile now and, as you can see, I found a pretty good one.
 About six weeks ago my sisters cat gave kittens. Well, technically it's not her cat but she seems to have taken ownership over it.

I don't have any pictures on my computer of them, my computer wont accept the camera for some reason. It has before, (hence all the other pics)but it decided that it would not recognize the file. I got some really good ones of them climbing up the fence this morning. Callie is the momma cat, and she had five babies.

  •  Guinevere- (or Gwen as I call her) Is a female and she looks like her momma, and a brown tiger. My favorite one.
Story Behind The Name Guinevere:
Well, I just liked the name personally. :)
  • Maverick- (or Mavi as we have nick named her) Is a dark gray colored female, and she has light gray and cream colored stripes.
Story Behind The Name Maverick:
Whenever Callie was pregnant, we joked that it looked like she had swallowed a basketball. Then Emma said we should name one of the kittens Basketball. I was like "No way!" so she was named Maverick.

  • Kiza- Kiza is a female and Maverick's twin so to speak. She is just lighter and has more white on her face.
Story Behind The Name Kiza:
I read one of Gail Carson Levine books called Ever, and LOVED IT! The main characters name is Kiza.

  • Eragon- Is pure black male with blue eyes. Also my favorite.
Story Behind The Name Eragon:
Again named after one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite books, Eragon.

  • Byron- Byron is white with patches of brown stripes.
Story Behind The Name Byron:
One of Emma's favorite characters name in one of the few books she has read.


Byron and Mavi have found forever homes with two of our friends.

To Abby And Christina, My BFFS:
This post is for you guys since yall have not seen them. :)

3 comments:

  1. :D Hey Momma!
    Wish I could see them! ;D
    hey, have you read any of Gail Carson Levine's other books? Personally Ever was my least favorite... I still liked it, but you know :D love the Eragon series! have you read all four books? You should have named one Brom ;D
    ok... I fell a little out of it here, but are the Mavericks a sports team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! YesI I LOVE her books! I wanted to name one Brom, but Emma was all "No way, Maddie!"

    Okay... Seriously... You don't know you the MAVERICKS ARE??!!!
    They are one of my FAV basketball teams. :-D Oh hey are you going to the LNSLPF (late night strobe light pillow fight) at church? We might be going to Cherry Berry!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would have been awesome! i could have been like "Come here Brom" :D
    well... i figured they were a sports team? but no not to any great extent. rather indifferent i am.
    No. i'm not. but i did. afterwards? did you go? O.o
    i can't believe i didn't see this till just now...

    ReplyDelete