Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Puppy...?

I have a friend who would also like to start raising a guide dog puppy with me, but there are some problems.

One, gas. Gas is SOOOOOO expensive right now that unless we find a way to make some aLOT of  money or find enough people up here that are interested in raising so LSPR (Lone Star Puppy Raisers) will move some of the outings up here, then we will have a difficulty getting to the meetings.  

Actually, gas is the main problem. My parents said I could raise in the next month if prices went down. *please Lord* 

It has been awhile since one of the dogs from the LSPR group went of for formal training, but I just learned that yesterday. Fred was the little puppy when I first came to my first meeting, and from the beginning, one of my favorites. I was so happy to see him on posters for dog food in PetCo when I went in. I would point it out to my sister and quietly (haha yeah right :) say "Emma, thats Fred!!!!" and the workers and shoppers standing by looked at me like I had gone of the edge. 

At the meetings he was one of the best behaving, and so mellow and calm. Whenever H would give him a command he would obey and look up at her like she was the best thing in the world, and eagerly wait for the next command. I will miss him greatly, but know he is going to do what he was meant to, and that is not petting his soft, silky ears. *smiles*

Fred at the campus
Good luck Fred!


~Maddie

2 comments:

  1. That’s a really cute header. :-)
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is one of my favorite pictures of him. :)

    ReplyDelete