Friday, May 18, 2012

Puppy Meeting!

I was SO excited to go to the LSPR meeting last night! The meeting was for new volunteers and new puppy raisers. The subject of the meeting was: Every Thing You Need To Know About Puppy Raising. Emma and my mom and I went, and I think Emma was the one who asked the most questions! :) The CFR, Sandi Alsworth, came and explained the role of a Guide Dog, how they raise the puppies, and what we can do to join the volunteer movement. It was very informative and I learned a few things, like the whole insurance thing were you and your puppy are insured by GDB. I never knew that!


We talked to Beth (one of the leaders) afterwards and I still have to go to one of their Puppy 101 classes, have the house inspection and puppy sit. I am trying to find a way to get money regularly so I can pay for gas for the trips back and forth for the puppy outings/meetings (that is, like, the only way I could raise). I babysit, and do odd jobs around the house so that is one way to get money, but not enough. Know anyway jobs a thirteen (about to be fourteen next month)  could do? 


I saw one of the new puppies, Oslo. He is a black lab and so cute! His raiser is a new raiser. She became a raiser during the months that I did not go to the meetings, which is aLOT! One man had asked how long it takes to get a puppy after you send in a application. Beth asked H (The new raiser) how long it took for her to get Oslo and she said about three months, and in my mind I was like "Have I been gone that long?" I hope to go to the Puppy 101 class ASAP and get started (again :P) towards raising! 


~Maddie



No comments:

Post a Comment